Thursday, March 26, 2009

Car Door

This happened in 1999 when my daughter was about fifteen or sixteen years old. I'm still driving that Camry!

While I was upstairs dealing with the puppy, which must not hear well since she doesn’t mind at all, My Daughter backed out of the garage without closing the rear passenger door. Ugh! Major damage to my car, but didn’t hurt the garage. I drove around town the next day with the door partly open. It was closed at the bottom enough to catch, but the top was warped so badly it left a gap. People blew their horns at me while sitting at red lights, and yelled to me that my back door was open, so I taped a note to it that read, “We know – teenage driving hazard.” Today it looked like rain so we tied it shut with an electrical cord, and used duct tape to close the gap. If there are two things I can’t live without, it would be WD-40 and duct tape. WD-40 if it’s stuck; duct tape if it’s flapping - keeps many marriages and households running smoothly.

I can’t really fuss at My Daughter too much about her accident. I backed out of the garage without raising the door a few years ago. We not only had car damage, but house damage too! Mentioning damage, Annie is growing fast and she is strong as an ox! I wish she would leave the blind dog alone. Indi can’t defend herself against such a goof ball as Annie.

No comments: