Monday, March 16, 2009

The Midas Touch?

Almost every young woman I love is pregnant right now. Four of my daughters and a good friend of mine are all expecting this year. My cousin's daughter is also expecting.

Yesterday, I had some friends over for lunch. I had a hunch about one gal and her new hubby so I said to them, "Now that you've been within ten feet of me, and you have been in my house, you may as well stop by the store on the way home and get a pregnancy test kit. I seem to have a magic touch and everyone who gets in my energy field is pregnant."

They had that deer-in-the-headlights look and didn't say anything. They might have thought I was kidding, but I really wasn't.

Later, my friend told me that on the way to my house she had told her husband that she felt strange and hadn't had a period this month. He had suggested they stop on the way home to get a home pregnancy kit.

So, while I await their good news, and watch the dough rise in the other ovens, I'll share this very appropriate photo.

No comments: