Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Letting Go of the Old Piano

My daughter has at her house the piano I took lessons on when I was a child. She also took lessons and we both played quite well. In fact, I was a church pianist for many many years, but I haven't played in about nine years. Now that she is pregnant, my daughter wants to either sell the piano or send it back to stay with me so she can make room in her house for a nursery. Sentimentality is making it hard to let go of that part of my life and move on, but I'm going to tell her to sell it.

(2008)

3 comments:

christo46 said...

Terrific post, Yvonne. It is strange indeed the grip sentimentality has on possessions from childhood.

Nurseholistic said...

Make sure you take a pic of the piano, so you can remember it fondly. Time for it to move on to its next place in the universe!

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I've given my daughter the go ahead to sell the piano. Taking Nurseholistic's advice, I've asked my daughter to take a photo of it.
sniff, sniff...