Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Arrives

For our newbies and slow learners, the story below did not happen recently. The baby is eight years old and just now got around to posting the story of his birth. Well, we're all busy having our moments, you know? Besides, he was born in February. That will really mess your mind up seeing that this is posted in late August.

Anna’s labor was induced this morning at Southern Ills Hospital. At 4:30 this afternoon my first grandson, Sammy was born. My Daughter and I heard the baby’s first cry and I swear he sounded just like My Son when he was a baby. When I saw Sammy for the first time, it was like zooming backward twenty years and seeing My Son for the first time! They look so much alike. My ex-husband arrived at the hospital at about 5 PM and it was all I could do to keep from crying. We were supposed to have celebrated the birth of our grandchildren together. Frankie reminded me that we did celebrate it together, only that we aren’t married to one another anymore. He’s so upbeat, and always sees the positive side of life. I am thankful, truly thankful to be where I am, who I am, in this moment. Happy Birthday, Sammy! Welcome to the world and our dysfunctional family.

No comments: