Monday, July 20, 2009

Guess What?!

Hi-Ya People,

Here's the latest news from the Valiant, Victorious, non-Vacillating, Expressy. I've been through the wilderness of “What-the Hell-Happened?!” over the last few months but alas, a wind-blown, More-than-Conqueror warrior, surfaces from the dust. It’s the stuff movies are made of.

You may have noticed that I've changed my last name since you last heard from me. It's true that I got un-married, but I didn’t have a chance to go back to my maiden name. that's because I eloped on July 7th with a wonderful guy named Frankie.

So many of you were concerned about my six month absence from church while I grieved the literal falling apart of my life. No sooner did I get back into church than I met Husband #2 who had been praying for a Godly wife. I seemed to fit the criteria for which he had prayed and since he didn't ask for my references, here I am married to a man that I've known only since Easter (resurrection) Sunday; a total of ten weeks. I call that taking a giant, risk-taking, leap of faith...at least on his part! Wait until he finds out I'm not exactly the candidate he bargained for. hee hee!

That's not all. Frankie and I are in the process of buying a house. I went on an outing with the realtor, looked at four houses and put a contract on one that is perfect for us. We await loan approval. The Divine has provided everything we needed to move forward and even took the stress out of the whole thing. We have exactly what we asked for.

Frankie is a musician. We enjoy singing, playing and writing songs together. We like being outdoors, going camping, hiking, and doing other recreational sports such as laying on a blanket while watching fluffy clouds pass over. Frankie has an acute sense of humor, so much so that my daughter says I have met my match and that the two of us deserve one another – whatever that means! There's never a dull moment!

Speaking of my daughter, she is speaking to me again. We see each other just about every week and I talk to her often. She has matured into a beautiful young lady. She is working full-time for a vision care center as the receptionist and patient care assistant to a group of optometrists and ophthalmologists. She is finishing her senior year of high school in her spare time. She had a 3.7 GPA last semester. We're shopping for her senior ring and photos. Even though she is home schooled, she wants to have her old high school engraved on her ring. She says that's the only high school she went to that she really liked. She has saved enough money to make a down payment on a car and has been going to dealerships giving them hell trying to make a deal that she feels is worth taking. She's got more spunk than a skunk! hahaha!

More about my new husband: I could not have asked for a better match in a mate especially since I wasn't asking. Frankie has three children and two grandchildren and another on the way. Frankie took me to meet his family. They will never be the same.

We bought a vacation package for a cruise to the Bahamas. It was an offer that came via the fax machine at work. Since I’ve only been at this job for three months, I don’t have enough vacation time to take the cruise this year. We’ll take it next year. I hope this offer is legitimate.

No comments: