Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stalled Feet

I’m a people watcher. I like to look at the feet of the person in the stall next to me in public restrooms. This is especially entertaining in the summer months when women wear open-toed shoes and sandals. I find it a game to see if I can guess things about the person to whom the pair belongs. Is she young or old? Married or single? Confident or insecure? You can tell, you know? Red or bright colors express confidence. Well-groomed suggests she's single or fashionable. Rough, cracked, dry skin means she's so old she doesn't give a damn about glamour. I learned this from those personality tests I take online. A particular set of tootsies I saw last week took the prize. I thought they must be the feet of a very busy, out-dated, older woman. Her nail polish was applied in the late 1970's and the nails hadn't been clipped since then. Boy, was I surprised when I peeked through the crack of the door jam while she was washing her hands. She was a rather pretty young woman who probably wasn't even born in the 1970's. Blew my foot fashion theory to hell.

FROM: Kurlikew@Bcuz.net
DATE: 8/17/2000 5:03:36 PM
TO: Expressy@coffeehouse.com
SUBJECT: RE: Stalled Feet

At least she washes her hands! Apparently she doesn't extend that same courtesy to her feet. Perhaps you need to add cleanliness to the list of things you can tell about a person by looking at their feet!!

FROM: Birthababe@nurserynews.com
DATE: 8/18/2000 9:13:39 AM
TO: Expressy@coffeehouse.com
SUBJECT: RE: Stalled Feet

Boy, am I glad I painted my toenails yesterday! After living on the boat for 10 days my nail polish was almost non-existent. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was from the 70's era. I'm more like the 50's and 60's!


FROM: GoofyGordon@mineallmine.com
DATE: August 18, 2000 10:15:30 AM
TO: Expressy@coffeehouse.com
SUBJECT: RE: Stalled Feet

You really need to put your mind (what's left of it) to something more constructive.


FROM: Angelgirl@heavensent.com
DATE: August 18, 2000 10:22:58 AM
TO: Expressy@coffeehouse.com
SUBJECT: RE: Stalled Feet

I like this one. I am going to try that game the next time I am in a stall. It sounds like fun!

No comments: